Foil Kit System Installation
Installation under wooden laminate, engineered wood
(Floors must not be nailed down)
- Wooden Flooring.
- Rayoflex Foil Heating Mat.
- 6mm Palziv Insulation.
- Floor Slab/ suspended wooden floor.
Installation under carpet
- Carpet (hessian/felt backed or seagrass) with underlay (Total tog rating must be less than 2.5)
- Rayoflex Foil Heating Mat
- 6mm Palziv Insulation
- Floor Slab/ suspended wooden floor)
Basic Installation Method
- Prepare sub-floor by removing all dust and debris.
- Fix Palziv insulation to the sub-floor using a double sided tape or glue spray. Ensure that the whole surface is covered.
- Once the insulation is fixed, unroll and correctly position the Rayoflex Mats.
- Every time the mat is cut and turned, close the gap between the mat and cover the cable with the foil tape provided.
- Cut a small groove into the insulation so the cold cable connectors lay flush and run them back to the thermostat.
- Lay the thermostat floor sensor in the conduit and place between mat turns.
- Re-test the mats to ensure none have been damaged during installation.
- With the system turned off, either lay the wood flooring or the carpet underlay and carpet.