How much can I save
- Reduce bills by typically 40-50%* when compared to oil or LPG
- Take advantage of new government incentive
- More reliable than boilers with long lifespan .
- Protect against rising fuel costs
Heat pumps can save you typically 40-50%* on your fuel bills if you are currently on oil or LPG. A fairly accurate figure can be given after a survey taking into account the building heat loss, radiator/Underfloor heating efficiency and price you currently spend for fuel.
Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
The Government finally launched the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) in April of 2014. These payments are to encourage the uptake of air source heat pumps particularly for those who heat their home with Oil, LPG or Electricity. The payments are annual, tax free and last for 7 years.
It is estimated that an average 3-4 bedroom house can claim around £805-£1280 a year**.
Like the feed in tariff, to prevent over subscription the government can reduce the rate paid for new installations up to 4 times a year depending on the number of installation carried out.
Material costs and Maintenance
Air source heat pumps require minimal maintenance. As they “move heat" rather than “create it" they often have longer life expectancy than traditional boilers and are more reliable.
* Figures based on our experience but will vary depending on price of fuel, heatloss of building, efficiency of existing boiler & performance of heat pump
**Figures from Energy Saving Trust